Psycho-social mentoring for young girls
Psycho-social mentoring between young girls migrating alone and female university students.
The initiative of the Catalonia Region entails psycho-social mentoring for young girls migrating alone. The target group, identified as the most vulnerable within the already vulnerable unaccompanied foreign minors, will include 15-20 girls living in the Catalonia Region, who can suffer from forced marriages, gender-based violence, sexual abuse, prostitution. The activities will build mentoring relationship between young girls and female university students so as to:
- promote a psychosocial guidance among young women with special attention to the empowerment process and the prevention of violence against them;
- facilitate their interpersonal relationship during the mentoring process.
This will also be done by encouraging:
- language practice and building of a social network to develop their personal project;
- boosting their social network thanks to the mentors;
- identification of possible academic and professional pathways;
- empowering the girls to prevent gender-based violence.
The mentors will be properly trained and also supported by a psychologist. The activities envisage: weekly meetings, support to the social public system who follows the young migrants, organization of workshops for capacity building.
Do you want to share your project with our community and stakeholders?